Workplaces have been transformed with the use of mobile devices. Vast improvements in communications and productivity are being enjoyed with mobility, but with the advantages come increased workload and responsibilities. Increases in the number of endpoints, uncontrolled downloading of apps from unauthorised resources and unfettered access to vital business data can stretch organisations and open them to cyber-attack or data breach. Many organisations operate Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policies, allowing employees to use their own devices on business rather than manage two devices, but the companies may not have the right controls in place to manage this and protect their data.
There are challenges in the way in which people use their mobile devices. Many users are utilising multiple applications and the range of devices is growing. IT departments are facing the challenge of supporting multiple platforms across iOS and Android operating systems, and have to manage the changeover when users upgrade or change devices.
AVR has extensive experience at creating, developing and managing mobility projects and processes for organisations. We provide a range of solutions from different vendors, designed to protect, manage, monitor the devices in the network and organise and control access to sensitive data.
So how does your company approach mobility? What would your responses to these questions be?
- Have you got robust systems in place or could you do with reviewing the process, procedures and applications?
- Does your in-house IT resource have sufficient and up-to-date knowledge across all operating systems?
- Do you have sufficient knowledge to efficiently evaluate all of the the available mobility applications and identify what is best for your business?
- Is your company looking to change mobile platforms and would you like help and guidance on the process?
- Do you have a legacy BlackBerry system you want to upgrade or phase out?
- Does IT have the time to upgrade software, install apps, fix problems and monitor traffic to identify threats?
- Would you be interested in a no-obligation review of your mobility arrangements?
If the answer to any of these questions identifies a gap within your organisation, then AVR would like to help. We can conduct a complimentary Mobile Device Risk Assessment which can help you identify the vulnerable areas in your organisation that could put the security of your devices and data at risk. The MDRA examines how your business uses mobiles within the organisation and provides suggestions on how you can safeguard against breaches.
If you are interested in the AVR MDRA service, or requesting a copy of AVR’s 10 Steps to Mobility Success E-Book
please complete the contact form below and one of our team will get back to you promptly.
Alternatively, if you are interested in finding out more on any aspect of Mobility or Mobile Device Management, please contact AVR’s Mobility Account Manager Dan Hughes here or call 01189 344 300.