FINANCE & SALES ASSISTANT.
Mid-July 2021 to mid-August 2022 (13 months)
Location: Ruscombe Business Park, Twyford, Berks
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (FT) (Mon – Fri 9 am – 5.30 pm)
Reports to: Finance Manager (Ireland)
Earning potential: £25 – £27K per annum
About the role:
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our small, friendly, and supportive team for a fixed-term maternity contract in a dynamic, sales driven environment. Reporting into the central finance team in Ireland, this role works closely with the local team and is accountable for the finance function as well as sales order admin for the 12 strong team in the Twyford office. It is a busy and varied role, especially at quarter end dealing with all things accounts payable, accounts receivable, preparing some elements of management reporting as well as dealing with all customer purchase orders, order processing with suppliers and ensuring safe receipt of customer software licences and hardware.
- Banking – all daily banking responsibilities, bank account reconciliations, setting up payments, Invoice Finance uploads and draw down payment requests.
- Overview of Twyford cashflow
- Invoicing – processing customer, supplier and managed service invoices
- Credit control
- Accurately recording accruals and pre-payments
- Month End: Balance Sheet and reconciliations, accruals, pre-payments, fixed assets & depreciations, creditors, and debtors.
- Processing local employee expenses
- Managing AVR credit cards
- Handling finance and order queries from customers, suppliers, and internal sales team
- Order processing: processing customer and supplier purchase orders and invoices
- Customer credit checking
- Order Book: Maintaining AVR sales order book.
- Ensuring timely receipt of customer software licences from suppliers
- Maintaining consultancy and commission spreadsheets
- Ordering mobile devices for Managed Service projects
- Assisting with day-to-day tasks and requests from the sales and Managed Service teams
- Responding to general office management tasks
Experience/ skills required:
- Proven experience in a Finance & Sales Assistant role preferably in a similar SMB environment
- Experience of preparing month-end Balance Sheets and reconciliations, accruals, pre-payments, fixed assets & depreciations, creditors, and debtors.
- Ideally an experienced Xero user
- Ideally been in a role where Invoice Finance has been used
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Organised and able to accurately process financial data
- Proven ability to manage a busy and varied workload
- Good excel skills
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- 23 days holiday per annum
- Birthday treat of a half-day holiday
- Christmas close
- The opportunity to join a friendly, family and team orientated company
Our response to Covid:
AVR take very seriously the health and safety of all our team members. We have a large, well-ventilated space for a relatively small team and processes and physical barriers in place to enable us to work safely. We also require weekly LF testing of all team members coming into the office.
This is an office-based role when restrictions allow so you need to be able to easily commute daily to Twyford. Currently, we have a small number of the team in the office each day and we would expect those applying for the role to be happy to come into the office as requested until restrictions lift.
Early-stage interviews will be conducted via a Teams video interview. In the latter stage, we will require you to come and meet us in person.
To apply for this role please send your CV and covering letter to our Operations Manager, Jo Wendland via firstname.lastname@example.org.